Revised and posted as of October 19, 2021.
- Information We Collect. When you visit any of the CT Homes and Land Sites, CT Homes and Land automatically receives and stores certain types of information including IP addresses, web pages viewed, and dates and times visited. We also collect:
- Information you provide. CT Homes and Land may collect and maintain (or third parties with whom CT Homes and Land has contracted, may collect and maintain on CT Homes and Land’s behalf) information that you provide to us during your visit to a CT Homes and Land Site. For example, you may provide information to the Site when you register, sign-in, search, participate in sweepstakes, offers, request e-mail newsletters, or communicate with CT Homes and Land’s customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with personally identifiable information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, personal shopping and product preferences, and payment information.
- Device data. We may collect data from the device you are using, including location data, what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may be able to link your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account to a CT Homes and Land Site, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use, and Family Device IDs.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- Other Reasons We Collect Information about You and How.
- Website Usage. CT Homes and Land or CT Homes and Land’s authorized service providers may observe activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system) relating to your use of CT Homes and Land Sites. CT Homes and Land may use this collected or logged information in order to provide better service, to facilitate our customers’ use of the websites, to track usage of the websites, and to address security hazards. CT Homes and Land, or one of CT Homes and Land’s authorized service providers, may also use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns. We may use aggregated, statistical information to describe our customer audience, products and services, and to develop partnerships with third parties to offer products and services that we believe our customers find of interest.
- Online Transactions. You may visit a CT Homes and Land Site without registering, but if you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or use other special features that may be offered on our site, you may need to provide us with certain information such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, to open an account with us. We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates of CT Homes and Land where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something you have asked us to do. We may also use this information to assist you in creating and/or recovering a user ID and a password, to protect your account information and facilitate your use of special features or to complete a transaction. Currently our website does not have an online shop where this is applicable.
- Using Public Areas of CT Homes and Land Sites. Any information disclosed in public areas of the CT Homes and Land Sites, is public information that may be viewed and collected by any party. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in social networking, chat rooms, reviews, or bulletin board portions of these Sites. You should exercise caution when disclosing information, including photos or images, in public areas of websites and should refrain from disclosing personally identifying information. If you wish to use some of the public portions on these Sites, we will direct you to first create a public ID, which is not your real e-mail address, before you can post information to our Sites. CT Homes and Land reserves the right to remove any information at any time from the CT Homes and Land Sites that we deem inappropriate or for any other reason.
- Data Sharing with 3rd parties. We do not sell your personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information to third parties for any reason. We may disclose your personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information to third parties whose products appear on the CT Homes and Land sites and who may want to offer you their own products and services. We may share your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information with third parties, or affiliates of CT Homes and Land where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something you have asked us to do, such as payment processing. We may share your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information with third parties with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide to them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform.
We may disclose personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information about our customers as permitted or required by law, such as in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, or in connection with a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy.
- Data Retention.
- Personal Data. Personal data shall be kept for as long as is necessary for the purposes as described herein. We may store personal data for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, regulatory or statistical purposes. If you wish for us to cease storing your personal data, please email info@CT Homes and Landbags.com.
- Non-personally Identifiable Data. CT Homes and Land is required to retain certain non–personally identifiable information collected from users of the CT Homes and Land Sites, Affiliated Sites and Non-Affiliated Sites in order to provide audited information to advertisers and auditors. As a result, ad reporting and delivery data is retained for as long as is necessary for these purposes. Some of the ad reporting and delivery data may be aggregated for statistical purposes and retained indefinitely. Certain aggregated, non-personally identifiable information including historical data and attributes collected by CT Homes and Land prior to an opt out election and which represent large numbers of users combined into aggregated statistical data and information shall be kept despite the fact that the user has opted out. Some of the aggregated, non-personally identifiable information may be further aggregated for statistical purposes and retained indefinitely.
Additionally, CT Homes and Land reserves the right to retain and use any information described in this Privacy and Security Policy as reasonably necessary to comply with all laws or regulations, regardless of any limitations set forth in this Policy. CT Homes and Land reserves the right to change its data retention policy and the new data retention policy shall apply to all data collected following such change.
- Security Practices. Our internal data security policies restrict access to customers’ personal information to authorized employees. Authorized employees may use our customers’ personal information for CT Homes and Land business purposes only. Our employees are bound by CT Homes and Land policies that require them to maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ personal information. Employees who violate these requirements are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to guard our customers’ personal information. For example, for the security of your online visit to a CT Homes and Land Site, we may make use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques, and/or authentication procedures. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, CT Homes and Land cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you as necessary, so you can take appropriate protective steps. Unless you indicate otherwise, we may notify you under such circumstances using the email address you provided to us when you registered with the CT Homes and Land Site.
You should be careful to maintain the secrecy of your passwords and/or account information and be responsible about protecting your personal information and identity whenever you are online.
- CT Homes and Land Sites Are Not for Use by Children. Children are not eligible to use CT Homes and Land Sites. We ask that minors (under the age of 18) only use CT Homes and Land Sites in conjunction with their parents or guardians. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Bankruptcy. If CT Homes and Land should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if CT Homes and Land should decide to buy another business or sell or reorganize part or all of CT Homes and Land’s business, CT Homes and Land may be required to disclose both the information you provide to CT Homes and Land and the information gathered by CT Homes and Land to prospective or actual purchasers and other parties. It is CT Homes and Land’s practice to obtain appropriate protections for information disclosed in these types of transactions. CT Homes and Land cannot, however, guarantee that CT Homes and Land’s Privacy and Security Policy will remain unchanged if CT Homes and Land is sold or merges with another company.
- Managing Your Privacy Choices.
- Updating Your Contact Preferences and Personal Information on CT Homes and Land Sites. You have choices when it comes to how CT Homes and Land uses your personal information. You can choose not to receive communications from us by e-mail and/or by text messaging. If you elect not to receive information by e-mail and/or text messaging, CT Homes and Land may continue to contact you as necessary to service your account. You can change your contact preferences at any time by emailing [email protected]. Keeping your account information accurate and up-to-date is very important, so we can provide you with excellent service. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate, or not current, please follow the instructions on the applicable CT Homes and Land Site to correct your account information online. If you need additional assistance, please contact CT Homes and Land customer service at [email protected]. Additionally, if you would like to request any changes as to what personal data we collect, please email us at [email protected].
- Deleting Your Information. You have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data without undue delay. Please contact [email protected] if you would like us to delete your personal data.
- Contact Information. If you have questions regarding your user account, our Privacy and Security Policy, your privacy choices, our Terms of Service, or any other topic, we are always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. You may email us at [email protected].
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CT HOMES AND LAND’S LIABILITY REGARDING ANY DISPUTE OVER PRIVACY OR RELATED TO THIS PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY ARE HEREBY LIMITED AS SET FORTH IN THE CT HOMES AND LAND SITES TERMS OF SERVICE.